Monday, August 27, 2007

Tahoe Weekend

Friday afternoon around 1, we hit the road for Tahoe. George drove my Avalanche because Jackie needed the Suburban over the weekend. It was me, George, Fred, Tom & Brian. I scored the front seat, which was nice. About 5 1/2 - 6 hours later, we rolled in to the Heavenly area development where our rental house was located. Richie was waiting for us when we arrived.

Once the rest of the guys arrived, it was time to head to the store so they could buy some 'adult' beverages. After what seemed like an hour to buy 10 items, we were finally on our way back to the cabin. It was a low key evening, so we decided to play cards. After a while, Mike and I had all the chips and it was about even, so we decided to split the $120 pot. Everyone was going to bed except for Fred, Richie and me. We ended up hitting the sack around 2am. The tee time was for 7:30, but Fred had to get up early to make fizzies.

We rolled into the golf course right around 7:30 and were met by Smalls & Goldie, who were staying at the Embassy with their families. After everyone paid (Brian, Mike & I drove carts, but didn't play), it was time for the comedy to begin. The first few holes saw a lot of balls going everywhere except down the middle of the fairway. It's a good thing that Mike and I were only driving so we could help find all the lost balls. The weather was great and after 3+ hours of balls and clubs flying all over, the golfing was done. I think George won from our foursome and either Smalls or O from the other group.

After we got back, some guys went to the casinos. O, Mike and I went to get lunch and then back to set up for the draft. Service in Tahoe is not what you'd think. While I got my lunch from Baja Fresh in less than 5 minutes, Raley's took over 20 minutes to make sandwhiches for O & Mike.

The draft started around 3pm and lasted a few hours. Me, being the huge football fan, did my best to draft a competitive team. I'll see over the next few months how that works out for me.

We decided to go to Harrah's for the buffet dinner. I rode down with O and Mike, and when we go to Harrah's, we walked around the casino looking for seats at a black jack table. No luck, it was packed. We decided to go to Harvey's because Mike had a voucher that he wanted to cash. We found 2 seats at a single deck 21 table! O and Mike sat first, then I got a seat a few minutes later. Fast forward 2 1/2 hours and we're cashing out, up over $700 as a group. It was a great table for the most part and it didn't seem like anyone lost more than 2 hands in a row. Definitely a good night!

We got back to the cabin and everyone was there, have of them sleeping on the couch. Everyone was burnt from the last, long couple of days and was in bed early. After a quick cleanup in the morning, it was time to head home. Everyone agreed that it was such a good time, that the draft should be at the same cabin next year.

All and all, it was a lot of fun and I want to thank everyone for looking out for me over the weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Billy, sounds like you all had an *awesome* time!! Oh, that Jackie getting so big -taking her Daddy's car for the weekend...
Yummy fizzes by Fred, I know what those taste like, mmm mmm good.
Maybe you guys should start a *new tradition*, like us girls on our 10th YEAR of weekends away and FUN! (great memories made). So glad you had a great time. Enjoy the quiet this week at home, all the kids are going back to school, huh? Love ya, talk soon.
Tam xoxo

Darlene Z said...

Eddie!

I haven't checked in on you for awhile and was so excited to read all the good news!

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy and surronded by good times and good people.

It was so great to see you and Deb earlier this month. The boys too! Wow how they've grown.
Billy is playing football for Lynbrook. He's going to be their strong safety! He likes to hit! Who knew! (kaila probably!)

We will all keep praying, as they seem to be working!! Yeah!!

Love ya and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

hi, checking in, to see how your felling, this heat is probally not so good for you..kids are back in school and everybodys liking school this week, hope the connor and logan are liking there's to.. hope all is well, keep us posted.susie