Even though I just saw Taylor a few months ago, I was surprised at how much she has grown, not in size, but socially. When she visited CA, I couldn't get her to look at me, let alone talk to me. I'm sure a lot of it was that she wasn't in her comfort zone, but nonetheless, it would've been nice to at least have a few words. I was shocked that after a few minutes in her home, she was talking to me first! She was asking me questions and I was surprised by this. I was also very happy that she did not seem to be shy around me anymore. I am so proud of her and was glad to see the real Taylor come out!
Not having seen the twins for over a year, I was surprised at how they've grown. When we arrived, they were running all over the house, mimicking what the other guy did. Taylor was right along with them. Neither Aidan or Colin were shy around me and I really enjoyed goofing around with them when I had the chance. I think spending the day at the zoo was the most fun.
It was great to see how well Connor and Logan interact with them. They both have always been great with younger kids and it's amazing to see them be the 'big kids' helping the little kids. I'm glad that I was able to be there and see them play together. It makes me proud that even though they might put the milk in the cupboard or not clean up their rooms, they are able to show love and patience with their younger cousins. I also wonder if it's because they are all on the same page mentally :-).
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It was wonderful to have our 5 grandkids together and having fun (even though Connor might not admit it). I have to agree with Billy that the day at the zoo was the most fun. We just walked around and the kids played with each other - Connor and Logan helping the little ones see the animals, Logan sharing "bites" of his Icee, Uncle Billy introducing Taylor to Cracker Jacks.
Connor and Logan spent one night with Cheri, Mark and the kids and I know they had fun playing ping-pong with Uncle Mark and just hanging out.
We did try to do too much in too short a time and I think everyone got pretty tired. Next time we'll just stick to visiting and hanging out!!
Thanks again Deb,for sharing "your guys" with us. Next time you have to come too!
hey billy, glad you had a good time, It's amazing how you start seeing your kids grow up right before your eyes, darius just turned 11 yesturday, and I was in shock how it just seemed like yesturday they were all two going trick or treating at the ryans... enjoy every minute, they will be driving soon(yuk) miss you and deb, come see me soon.susie
Hi, Sounds like the trip to Colorado was fun. I know your Mom was happy to have everyone together and interacting with each other.The children do grow up much faster than we would like. When we start looking at four generations and three of the four are sharing one another, we have to think how lucky we are. I know Deb was probably happy to see her guys come home. Love Auntie Barbara
Yes, I would say the guys had a great trip, the boys couldn't speak highly enough about how the kids were so much fun!!! I'm really happy to hear that the Nowlin men had such a great, bonding experience out there which really does beat sitting at home all week doing nothing!! I know my trip out there is soon to come!! I had a nice few days, odd not having to take care of, or check on, anyone but myself - a nice change, but felt a little odd. I was in my jammies by 5pm on Tuesday, ate Prego Sauce and Spag. for dinner one night, gross but simple. Read silly romance novels, did a little gardening, and watched a few scary movies (which I can't do when anyone else is home - scardie cats). I had a girlfriend over for dinner one night (thanks again Bev, it was great visiting with you). By Friday morning, I really wanted the guys home!! I'm so used to hearing Logan playing guitar in his room, Connor tapping on the computer in his room and Billy sitting in his black chair watching silly home improvement and cooking shows!! Creature of habit I suppose!!
I'm really glad a good time was had by all!!!
Now back to reality!!! We should have the results of the big MRI Billy took last Monday by this Wednesday when we visit with the oncologist....EVERYONE PRAY for remission!!!! We'll also check on his blood thinner levels next Friday and start chemo. either Wed. or Thurs. I plan to have the anti-nausea medication filled and at the ready for the new dosage Billy will be on to stay on top of any sickness.
Today Connor and I managed to do a little school clothes shopping, Sophomores look a little differently from Freshmen from what I hear, so we needed to plan for that. Susie, don't talk about driving so soon!!! I'm not looking forward to teaching Connor how to drive Bill's rig next year!!!
Thanks again to the whole CO. family for everything!!! Much love to all, we'll post again (if not sooner) once we get the latest MRI results.
Love, Deb
Hello to all,
Great to hear that all the Nowlins had a nice vacation! Including Deb, I'm glad you had some relaxing down time for yourself. We will be anxiously waiting to hear the results from Billy's tests. As always please let us know if there is anything you all need as Billy starts his next round of chemo.
Love you all,
Barb
Post a Comment