My sister Cheri and niece Taylor are in town for the week. One of the projects that we'd scheduled was to paint our living room and hallway. With Cheri leading the way, we were able to get this done yesterday. We used what I called a 'mocha' and a 'latte'. The main color was the latte, with a mocha accent way. It looks great and Logan kept saying how cozy it felt compared the the white walls that we've had for the past 7 years. It's a bit darker, so it will take some time getting use to it. Deb was probably the busiest of us all because she was taping, painting, supervising the boys, going to get lunch, etc.
Everybody was painting or taping at one point during the long day yesterday. Even the boys chipped in and painted the biggest wall together. Their style made me wondering, but they got the job done. Then they thought it would be funny to paint messages on the wall about each other. I wasn't happy about it, but that's only because I was done my painting and trying to rest. In the end, no harm, no foul. Now we just have to figure out where to put all of our pictures.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Paint job looks great. I like the colors. Congrat to all you painters. Got the job done and had some fun too. At least the boys did.
Love you all,
Auntie
Hey Bill,
Painting must just be in your blood - well so to speak. You mom has painted so much over the years. We finally got the outside of our home painted and then I was going to get going on the inside (well - the painter was going to get going). He did the bathroom however I picked the wrong color pink - too much blue in it. So I stopped everything and I have not gotten new towels nor hung up the pictures for months.
Gee, maybe I can talk Jane into coming up here and helping me. It's just a little bathroom. Hm-m-m, room for Cherrie too if she wants to help.
Take care, I love checking in with you every few days. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers - you and your whole big wonderful family, near and far.
Best, Maida
Post a Comment