Happy Friday everyone! Today was treatment #9, only 21 to go. They are getting easier each time.
Both the boys are now out of school and are already bored! Boy are they in for a long summer. Logan will have summer school 2 days a week for a few hours.
We are going to meet with the oncologist this afternoon to find out when I'll begin my chemotherapy treatments. Hopefully he'll say Monday so I can get through it once and see how it goes. Word is that I'll be on chemo for the next 6 months.
After the appointment, it's on the Pac Bell (I'm a traditionalist, whatever the original name was, that's what it is.) The Giants vs. A's (Me, Deb & Logan against Connor). With Lincecum on the mound, I'll predict a Giants victory tonight. Go Giants! Update - By the time we got back from the doctors and I ate dinner, I was too exhausted to go to the game. Deb and the boys still went and took their friend Luke with them. I'll have to root on the Gigantes from the recliner tonight.
Friday, June 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Bill,
Hope everything went well at the oncologist today. Let us know what he said.
My kids are out next week so I'm sure I will be hearing the "I'm bored" words soon. I agree with Sandy, we need to spend a lot of time swimming and lounging at my mom's. Hope your ready for all of us, Mom!!! Tell the boys I'm also looking forward to some fridays at the beach if they are up to coming with us. You too, if you are feeling good. Deb will have to take some time off here and there to hang with us.
Love ya all,
Barb
Hi Billy - You already have a great support network, but I just wanted you to know that it's even wider than you think. People whom you don't even 'know', 'know' you. I have been friends with your Auntie Robin and Uncle Lou since your cousin Sandy was in primary grades with our daughter Val. Cheri went through school with our son Jeff. Besides that, we've lived 'on the court' since 1971 with the Gassaways, so we knew all you kids who played ball, spent time at the pool, and played on the court. How one's life can change in the blink of an eye is not easily understood. Please know that we are thinking of you and your dear family. AND ---Go Colorado BOM squaders!
Hey Billy,
I'm new at this blogging and somehow my first comment went under June 2. Anyway I just wanted to let you know that we're ready for a busy summer. Pool time and visits from family in Colorado. The Ryan's is always open.
Love, Auntie
Hey Bill,
Just in case your boys are "bored" tomorrow. I don't know what is up with their baseball schedules but Ricky has his championship game at 1:00. If they lose this game then they play again at 4:00.
Go Red Sox!!
Hi Billy and Deb. It's such a great compassionate gesture for you to maintain this blog with all you two have to deal with right now. We are so amazed with your level of courage and strength and dedication to one another and all the friends you have acquired over the years. Great people attract many freinds because they are recognized as having such honorable and integris characters. Such is the case with you. You are so much like Lupe and Frank. We all recognize the pure love and commitment you have for one another. We have witnessed that many times as you have responded to the call with Lupe and Frank and other family members and friends and now towards each other. We are all drawn to you because we feel that special spirit you radiate and we try to learn from the 'masters' how to become better people. I am convinced that 'What goes around always comes around' and your family is now receiving a part of what you have for so long freely given away. We can only attempt to return a portion of that service to you. We're anxious to see you again in July. I hope we can help you with whatever you need. With the many people following this blog and showing their support, its for sure the Lord is taking note and already lending his hand.
God Bless Doug,Sue,Jen&Matt.
Post a Comment