From the moment the doctor told us I had a brain tumor, Deb has been the person whose life has changed the most. I think that the initial diagnosis was more traumatic for her than it was for me. For me, it was more shock and 'there must be a mistake' to 'no problem, I'll beat it'. For Deb, it was that as well, but also brought back memories of when her mom, Lupe had Cancer years ago.
Since that day, she has had to do a 180 degree flip on her life to take care of me. She'll tell you that this is how we deal with the hand we are dealt, but I know that it's hard on her. I have a hard time not feeling guilty about the changes in her life that she's had to make. I try to make sure that she does as much 'normal' stuff that she used to do before the diagnosis, but I know that she's always wondering if I'm doing okay.
It really amazes me that with all that has happened, she still manages to keep things humming along as if nothing has changed. She is such a strong woman and I can only hope that our boys have been able to see how she's dealt with this and understand that sometimes in life, it's not always about yourself. I could go on and on about her, but I know that you all see the same things in Deb that I do.
I am so lucky and blessed to have her as not only my wife, but my best friend.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hey Billy ... good morning!
I was going to give you our last baseball update of the year, but instead I feel the need to say that I totally agree with you - Deb is such a strong woman and your angel ... she is an incredible example to all of us!
Our kids learn SO much from what we do. I love "teachable moments" with Matt and Ashley. It's those times when something happens and you stop, talk about it, answer questions, cry, learn, and deepen relationships. For Deb, everyday living has become her "teachable moment" with the boys. She is amazing!
Of course, you are amazing too, but this morning is all about Deb!
Love you all!
Steph
P.S. How did Ricky's team do?
Odd, replying to my husband online...but,
Awww....isn't my man amazing!!! I'd do anything, and change my life forever to take care of him if that's how it would have to be. I will disagree though, I think this would have to be hardest on you hun, you're truly the real hero here. I know your Mom, Juan, Cheri and the rest of the CO. family ache from not being here with you constantly, and that's a pain I can't even begin to imagine. Anyhow....I love you, you didn't need to do a public thank you, but thank you.
We said: "In good times and in bad, sickness and in health". I know you would do the same for me if the situation was reversed without batting an eye. It's "different" now, sometimes hard, but nothing that would ever keep me down/out, we're both in this for the long haul and I expect that to be a long time. I pray every night that I'm doing right by you, our sons, and the people that love you.
Your spirit keeps us inspired, and for me, you three men - the center of my universe - is all I need to keep me going!!
Now - let the Chemo begin!! BRING IT!!!
You guys are both inspriring. So much love. Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your journey. Take care. Ken.
hey gang, wow!!!! is all I could say for all of you, you read ,you take it all in you cry you get inspired, the love you feel from everybody is so beyond belief but what life should be about, endless love from family, friends, deb your heart is beinfg felt, and my heart is bigger because of you, billy, your strengh is so incredible and i feel stronger because of you, im so glad I know all of you and grow and learn what love is all about everyday... hang tough, we are not letting this take you down...much love susie
My fiancee and I are getting married next month. We are so honored to be having Logan as an altar server! We pray every night that we have a relationship that is as strong and committed as the relationship between the two of you. We went on our Engaged Encounter weekend in April and came back feeling so blessed with the love that we discovered we truly had between the two of us. The weekend has insirped us to become members of the Engaged Encounter ministry. I know that the two of you do not need anything else to be added to your "to do" list, however, I think that you two would make such a great addition to that ministry. Thank you for further showing us that marriage DOES NOT have to end in a divorce and it truly is a ministry in and of itself. God Bless.
Hey Billy & Deb,
It's been a long day, I left work early to go to Brittany's 8th Grade Graduation... she looked beautiful. Was a really nice time. It warms my heart to see all the LOVE that surrounds you guys! You are both so strong and a wonderful inspiration to all, you both ALWAYS have been ...you know us Cousins always say, you two have the title of "cutest couple", hands down!
Love you guys ~ talk to you soon.
Love Tam xoxo
Hello-
Thanks for the tear jerker. Nothing like a good afternoon cry! Your words sure touched us all. So many times we leave our love and thoughts left unspoken, I can imagine Deb loved to hear them. We feel bad sometimes for having to depend on our loved ones, or that we are causing them pain by their caring for us. The truth is they do it because they want to, because they love us and they know we would do it back. You both, and the boys, are going through a unimaginable time. But I bet that as much as you feel her as your strength that she feels you are hers.
Love you guys,
Denise
This made me teary. You are so sweet, Billy. And yes, Deb is amazing.
Thanks so much for doing this blog. I love being able to get an update anytime.
We're thinking about you and praying daily.
Kath and family (Kleinert)
Post a Comment