Saturday, June 2, 2007

I'm All In

Last night was poker night at the Nowlin house. Chris, Rex (and Little Rex), Steve & Charles came over for the weekly game. We got some tacos and sides from the taqueria down the street, Corona's (diet coke for me :-( , and starting playing around 6:30. As always, the money is constantly changing hands, but Charles had built a pretty impressive stack of chips by the time we decided to play a few tournaments. We usually play dollar for dollar and sometimes a no-limit tournament. The tournaments are usually $20 each for 40 chips, no limit. Connor got home from the movies and came out to play the last 2 with us. Connor and Charles were the last 2 in during the final tourney, with Charles holding about a 60/40 lead. A lot of times, the last 2 will just split the pot so we can move on. Charles offered Connor $50 of the $120 pot. No go, he wanted it all. It didn't quite work out for him though and Charles took it all.

A fun night all around, calling it quits around midnight. It was great to actually have something to do besides watch tv all night and staying up late was not a problem for me!

I'm 4 treatments in, they seem to be getting faster and I'm now able to be at ease under the mask that I can almost nap for the 15-20 minutes.

No comments: