This will be short, but not so sweet today. My first day on a reduced dosage of Chemotherapy. It went down fine at 6:00am, but my body did not like it much. I had to stop radiation in the middle because I was sick, and have been sick for most of the day. Deb picked up an anti-nauseous pill for me around 3:30 and I was able to keep some soup down. Hopefully, this will help going forward.
I guess it all can't be a rosey picture. I will try to keep the bad stuff to a minimum, but there are and will be some not so perfect days ahead.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling too hot. Hope they get easier as your body adapts to them.
Hang in there
:) Denise
Don't be afraid to share the bad as well as the good. All your friends and family are here for you, Deb and the boys, no matter what. We love when you're smiling but we still love you even when your head is in the toilet!!
hey billy, ralgh was the same way, he would get his chemo, barf barf, then he would be ok... that was after a couple of treatments. hang in there,we are pulling for you...susie
Well Bill, sorry to hear that you blurped (or maybe I should use the proper medical term and say had some bouts of emesis). I was hopeful that the chemo would be easier on you; hopefully your body will adapt to it.
When I was growing up I was proud to say that I did not thrup for 10 years. The first time I got drunk (spiked OJ at Davis from some frat guy) changed all that.
Well, enough of this. Well, no - just one more euphemism. A social ladder climbing mother of a high school girlfriend corrected her daughter when she said "Mom, the dog just threw up on the lawn!" The mom's retort was "Chris, the proper word to use is 'emit'"
Okay now I will stop.
Love, Maida
Howdy, Bill! Hang in there. Things will get better. We went through a similar chemo treatment with my wife 5 years ago. She was sick for 42 weeks. She laughs about it now. We sent our love and prayers.
Ronnie and Jan Liedtke
Like all the *inspirational* stories about the "not so good times", that's why you need to share it all, Billy... we are here in your good times and not so good as well.
Hope it was ok for you today and continues to get better through the week ~ stay positive!
Love, Tam
Hi Bill, First off I want you to know that everyone here is thinking about you and wishing you all the best. When we heard, we were all devastated. We wanted to respond earlier but figured you had plenty to deal with, so we held back but are always thinking about you. Peter has done a good job of giving us your updates. We do appreciate you having this blog. I know it can't be easy but we do want to hear how you are doing and who else better than you?
You have always been incredibly helpful to the Northpoint family so if there is anything we can do for you and your family, please do not hesitate to ask!
We are definitely pulling for you, Bill!
Jeff, Andy, Kim, Dorothy and Gary
Sorry to hear you are having a few rough days. Take it one day at a time and hopefully each day will be a little better for you. Love you. Auntie Barbara
Hi Bill:
Hope tomorrow is a better day.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you everyday. We know you will conquer this battle!! Thanks for sharing your experience the love of your family and friends is inspiring. We never met Deb but always knew how much in love you were and proud of your kids.
Hang in there. "This too shall pass"
The girls in Richmond (Ally, Athena,Cathy, Christine and Ellen)
Maybe you can do a few "hot shots" when you start to feel sick that way when the throw up it will feel like old times.
Post a Comment