Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Boss!

I know, The Boss gets and exclamation point and the Brain Scan Update gets nothing. First, let me say that Bruce was on Thursday and I didn't find out about the scan results to Friday afternoon. Second, I don't know if I can make you understand.

There are certain things in your life that grab you and mean something special to you that you just can't explain. Sure, I can say that I really like Bruce's music, but I can't explain why. It sounds lame, but his music makes sense to me. It's like in the movie 'White Men Can't Jump' when Wesley Snipes tells Woody Harrison that he "can't hear Jimi". Harrison replies that he "can hear Jimi". Jimi makes sense to him.

Everyone knows that I love baseball, but what you may not know if that the first time I heard a Springsteen song was on the way back from a Giants game while in the back of Fred's car. The song was 'She's the One', which is still my favorite song. Over the years, I liked the same bands as everyone else, but still enjoyed listening to Bruce. I can't remember one person other than Fred or John Scarcella who listened to him. (John and his son, Christian, were at the show on Friday night.)

Deb and I have seen Bruce a few times together, but tonight was the inauguration for Connor and Logan. Fred and Max were there in different seats than us. I think that it was Max's first time as well. Logan told me that he enjoyed watching Bruce play guitar and that he had a good time. Connor wasn't in to it as much as Logan, but he did enjoy it when songs came on that he knew.

I don't know what it is, but people either love or hate Bruce, there's no in between. I don't know how many more tours there will be, so I'm glad that we were all able to attend the show together.

Badlands, The Rising (Deb's fav), She's the One, Backstreets and especially Thunder Road and Born to Run back to back, it was everything I'd hope it would be.


***New disclaimer...if there are any spelling errors or sentences that don't make sense or things that never happened, cut me some slack, I'm disabled!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy... you are so cute and I love you xoxo Yes, I always knew just how much you, Fred & John "cherish" the Boss, NOW I know why! Thanks for the update on your scan, excellant news there are no new growths!! Deb brought us up to date over the Girls Weekend and we had *some moments* and good "chats". I hope you enjoyed your time with your Mom & the boys as well. Talk to you soon, Love Tam

Anonymous said...

hey billy, who's this bruce guy? hee hee whatever, thanks for letting us have debbie for the weekend, she still amazes me everyday I did'nt know you where hun!!! you got the most husband stars this weekend, ralph was minus two,glad we are all such great friends would'nt change my friends for the world(unless sex in the city girls wanted to be friends) anyway keep moving forward, love ya tons!!!! susie

Anonymous said...

do you get a parking pass for the disabled, could come in handy at giants games!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy-

After reading your blog about the BOSS I have been thinking of you everyday at work. We are selling his CD and playing his music on our video screen at work, so I hear him all day long. Pretty cool huh?!!

Glad to hear the good news on your last scan.

xoxox

Denise