We arrived about 7pm to the Sharks opener last night. As we walked through the pre game festival towards the entrance, we notice that there were many more people in line than usual. When we got closer we saw that no one was going in. I thought it was strange until we noticed that there were no lights on inside the arena! Apparently, a few minutes before we got in line, the entire arena had lost power.
When we finally made it up to the front, the ticket takers were tearing tickets because their automated scanners weren't working. We got up into our seats and about 30 minutes later, the zamboni's came out to cut the ice. The players came out about 20 minutes later. It was great! When the players hit the ice, it was all fan noise. No PA system, no music, nothing but excitement from the crowd.
The pregame ceremonies and national anthem were skipped and it was right to the face off. Unfortunately, the lights never came on for the Sharks. They just didn't look that good. I think that one of the reports on the way home was that the Sharks had as many shots that missed the net, as that hit the net. They were O-fer on the power play again.
Oh well, it was still a good night. Connor had his hot dog, Logan his nachos. I enjoyed just being out with Deb and the boys. It was nice to discover that going to the game was not an issue for me.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say Hi! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Always glad to hear you are feeling well and doing the norm. We are off to Disneyland this Thurs. so when we return we will have to plan another dinner out soon!
Love ya guys and always thinking of you!!
Love
Barb
Now this is one game I could really enjoy - except for the Sharks not doing well. I can't take the loud music and intense yelling.
Ah well - not much of a sports fan unless I am doing it myself. I am taking kick boxing now - great for supressed anger and/or anxiety. Watch out!
Much love to all of you, Maida
Hey Billy & Deb,
Just saying to *have a great weekend, guys*!! I'm off to Disneyland. I know how you love it as well, so we'll be thinking of you all. Must be great all decorated for Halloween. We'll be back on Sunday. Have a good one and keep FEELING GOOD!
Love, Tam xoxo
Hello-
I haven't written in a ong time, but still like to read all the entries. That sounds like it would be a pretty cool game! Probably interesting for the boys, more like sporting games when we were kids and there wasn't so much computer hype to make even the boring games exciting, Hope all is well with you guys. I think of you all the time!
XOXOXo
Denise
Post a Comment