Remember when "our generation" went to high school? You showed up around 8am, had a class every hour, 6 to 7 classes a day, then went home at 3. I look at Connor's schedule now and it looks like its missing half his classes. 5 classes one day, 3 the next, 2 the next! Now I know why attending class is just as difficult as doing the work! It a wonder that "Schedules" is not a class.
Logan received his first report card of the year and did very well. His agenda is to do well enough this year to run for student council next year. We had our meeting with his teacher last week and she said that Logan is sometimes 'a bit chatty'. There's something we didn't know!
Guitars are the big thing in the house these days. Connor took all his birthday money to buy his own guitar. They probably won't admit it, but they enjoy playing together and playing new songs for each other, as well as for Deb and I.
Deb enjoyed her weekend away with the girls. I know she was hesitant the leave, but I'm sure that having Grandma here to watch her boys made it a bit easier. From the few photos I saw, it looked like a typical girls weekend of drinking and hanging out. I was very happy that she went and I wish that I could give her back some of her time that she spends on carting me around. This may happen as I've been approved through Outreach and can use their service to get around to and from work.
Yes, while Deb was away, Grandma came to fill the spot. Her trip didn't start out well as she was sick for the first couple days. Once she was better, we spent time chatting, watching tv and running around to a few stores. It was a good weekend and we all enjoyed ourselves.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love how you say we "had" a class every hour, not "went" to a class every hour, whole different ball game...but I agree the scheduling is weird. For Saetia the do A days, B days, C days ????? Like you say just hearing about it is confusing enough, let alone having to do it.
Marcus' uncle has used Outreach a lot, and says it is very helpful.
I hope Deb had fun with us girls, although I really think the age thing has played a bit with our "wildness". We still know how to have fun though! Deb is one tough cookie! I admire that.
Take care Billy!
XOXO
Denise
hey billy, good to hear you have a musical group, everyone in my family is musical( not my family) but all cousins and my nephews too, it was so fun at family reunions...are girls weekend was tame but we did hang out with a big penis( ask deb) glad your mom was there to hold down the fort, hope your feeling good soon, love from all..susie
Hey Billy,
I like the new look of your blog! Calming colors -hehe. Anyways, sounds like things are going on like *the norm*. Yes, we had a FUN Girls Weekend and I think just all being together is the best! So just gearing up for the Holidays, see you on Thanksgiving at my Mom's... which reminds me I need to get that *delicious* sweet yam casserole recipe from your Mom, YUMMY!! Bon Jovi is performing at the HP Pavillion on April 2nd, on the band’s Lost Highway Tour. Daughtry is the opening act. Tickets starting at $134. I'm sure Deb won't want to miss this one!? OK, talk to you all later, Love Tam xoxo
Hey Billy ... nice to get an update from you!! Thanks for the heads-up on the high school stuff. I get to wait one more year to find out what is going on (or what isn't)!
It's fun to have music playing going on in the house. I just wish that Matthew's drumming and Ashley's piano playing will some day come together. Right now they just yell at each other ... because you know when one starts playing the other has to join in just to get the other one ANGRY! AAAHHH!
Girls weekend was in fact a good time - BUT - nothing like the old days!!! Instead of "pass me the tequilla", it's "pass me the tums"! Like Tam said, it's all about just being together and hanging out. We always seem to pick up where we left off - not like months have passed with little communication other than an email here and there. It was a treat to have Deb for the whole weekend. I was expecting just a few hours on Saturday. Thanks to Auntie Jane for that (and you too of course)! We continue to admire her more and more each day. She is an amazing woman. Love you Deb!!!!
Gotta run, heading off to Disneyland in the morning for the long weekend.
Can't wait to hear from you again!
Love you all!!!!
Steph
tuiolkjnbvcgfdsa6
j COLIN AIDAN
TAYLOR
UNCLE BILLY
Translated by Grandma: I stayed over night at Grandma's and we went to IHOP for breakfast. I am going home to play with my brothers, Colin and Aidan. Bye Uncle Billy.
Hey Billy,
I just talked with your Mom and thought about you so got to see the new blog colors.
Good to see things are going great and there is music surrounding you and your family. Tho it may not be the kind that soothes the savage beast :>)
Love, Maida
Post a Comment