Saturday, July 7, 2007

Finally Home!

Last night I was able to come home from the hospital. I have a portable oxygen tank which I'll need to use for about a week. Hopefully at my appointment next Thursday, they'll tell me that I no longer need it. I don't need it all the time, like when I'm sitting watching TV, but when I'm moving around a lot, I will wheel it along with me.

It was a very long week in the hospital and I'm so happy to be home with Deb and the boys. Deb gets to give me a shot each morning in the stomach and she's very good at it, even better than some of the nurses.

It's time to start walking again and trying to get my strength back after lying around for a week. It's amazing how quickly your strength goes when you aren't walking everyday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Billy! Woo-hoo! Good to be home! (How's your back ...hospital beds always hurt my back?)

Didn't Susie ask about a nurses uniform? Deb? hmmm ...

We're off to batting practice before the big game tonight. Matt gets to play under the lights at 7PM tonight at the Belmont sports complex.

Have a GREAT day back at home with your peeps!

Love you all!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,

The Mars send their love. Good to hear that you are doing better. There is no place like home!

Hope Logan and Conner do well in their all star games.

All the best,
Wil & Christy

Anonymous said...

yea!!!! im sure home feels really nice right now,so glad for you, keep that cute nurse giving you those shots, get better soon, we all miss you lots!!!! susie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back at home. It was good to see you, even if it was in the hospital and a short visit. I think you looked great and are doing very well. It was so wonderful to see your mom there and to know the great support you are getting from home. Deb looks great and will be the best nurse you'll ever have and who could care more? Course don't make her mad or she might poke you twice when she gives you your shots.
We flew back today after a great vacation and visit with Frank and Deb. As soon as we got home we looked up your blog and were happey about your move home. Keep up the good work. We'll keep in touch. The wildfires in central utah were putting up a lot of smoke we could see it from the plane. The temps are supposed to be in or near the 100s all next week. we should have stayed down there where it was cool.
Take care

Michelle said...

Yeah, great to hear that you are home safe and sound! Have a great day, I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Hello Bill ,

Glad to hear that you are home.

Take Care
Kate Slevin

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy,
SO glad you're all cozy at home now!
...must be great, but don't over do it, ok. I heard you were out shopping over the weekend. I'm sure it was wonderful to get some fresh air, but don't go too many places with LOTS of people - don't want you to catch cold or anything while your immune system is low while on treatments, which after today is only 3 left -whoo-hoo! ...just telling you cause I love you, Billy. HELLO to Deb and the boys... talk to you during the week.
Love, Tam xoxo

Anonymous said...

OOOOO OOOOO
XXX XXX

AAA
AAAAA
AAAAA

VV VV
VV VV
VV VV
VV VV
VV VV
VV VV
VVV VVV
VVV VVV
VVVV

Keep believing!!!
Stay Positive!!!
We Choose How To Live!!!

SMILE EVERYDAY.

MMTMNMJM