Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy Weekend...

The last 3 days have been a busy time for Logan. On Friday night, the St. Martin Vikings basketball team began their end of season basketball playoffs. Friday they hooked up against St. Joseph Cupertino. It was close for the first half, but the Vikings pulled away and won. Deb was out with the girls, enjoying a night out talking and having a few drinks. Even though we all had fun, Connor was probably the happiest, he had the whole house to himself; eating, watching tv, playing music and playing video games.

Saturday morning was a change to metal spikes, sliding pants and a baseball glove. Tryouts for Sunnyvale/Cupertino were from 10am-12:30pm. After that, it was home for a quick rest and some lunch. Game 2 of the basketball playoffs were at 3pm. I wasn't looking good, Deb sent me an update at the half with Vikings down 17-6. I was a bit worried that they were a bit tired from the games on Friday night, but a while later the next update game in from Deb. It was 24-23 Vikings with :50 seconds to play. Final score 25-23 Vikings! I took off for a little event called CVG's bachelor party. Dinner at Morton's in San Jose followed by some dancing at the Kit Kat Club. I was shocked, I stayed up until after 12:00am and I wasn't even tired. I had a good time hanging out with the guys, but don't really understand the whole strip club thing. I guess it's just not for me.

Sunday brought us to the basketball final game against St. Nicholas of Los Altos. The game was tied after the 2nd period. The boys were in a good mood, more tired that anything else. They only had 6 players, so they all played about 24 of 28 minutes. They had a couple of players who looked like basketball was their sport and by the end of the game, St. Nicholas had won 38-26. It was a very successful season for the Vikings. And again, Connor enjoyed his private time running the house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow billy, never pictured you a kit kat club guy!!! glad logan had a good time with basketball but it's time for baseball baby... let me know when his games are so I could get my fix(no little leaque for us anymore)hpoe you feeling fine keep us updated you looked great at new years!!! love to all. susie

realtorromero said...

Hope to see you next week at the aquarium!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Sounds like you all had a busy weekend and are getting ready for CVG's upcoming wedding - FUN!
So, today's the MRI day at Stanfornd, I'm wishing you good thoughts at this very moment. Love you and waiting to hear. Talk soon, Love Tam xoxo

CVG said...

You forgot to note that you passed some embarrassing pictures of me in 8th grade to the guys at dinner...nice one!

Anyways it was a great night - thanks for hanging out so late!

CVG