Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pilot Music






Last weekend we took a trip to Berkeley for the night. I wouldn't normally feel like going to Berkeley, but it just so happens that one of our favorite bands was back together and playing a show. The Stone Temple Pilots! The band broke up a few years ago, went their separate ways, and like other bands, the lure of a big payday brought them back together.

The show was held at the Greek Theater. We'd been to show there in the past, but this show was the most packed crowd I've ever seen there. Deb and I were sitting on the lawn, at the rail, and we could hear the people complaining the the staff that there was no where to sit or stand. Deb and I had a nice spot at the front of the lawn, good view of the stage. The boys, well, they were down in The Pit. The Pit is the SRO area in front of the stage and Logan was definitely the youngest kid down there. Good thing that big bro Connor was with him. Connor enjoyed a bit of 'slamming' in the pit. Not a lot, but enough to enjoy himself. I was a bit apprehensive about letting them go down there. I wouldn't feel safe down there, but the strange thing is that the older people in the crowd take care of the kids and make sure that they are safe.

Logan was in the FRONT row for a while, Connor a row or two behind him.The boys have some pictures on their phones and if I can get them, I'll post them so you can see how close they were. We all had a great time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like FUN! Crazy to watch our kids doing all the wild things we used to do, didn't seem as scary when it was us!

Gald you had a good time!

XOXO

Denise

Anonymous said...

party animals!!!!i LOVE THEM... GOOD GROUP TO GO SEE..GLAD TO SEE YOU OUT AND ABOUT, YOU AMAZE US EVERYDAY,,LOVE TO ALL SUSIE

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, Billy! Love to hear that!! Just writing to say have a good 2 weeks, you know we are leaving on Monday for Colorado, probably wont get online over there. You keep feeling GOOD and I'm sure we'll talk to you soon. Love, Tam xoxo