Monday, August 4, 2008

Top 10...DID's

I can't remember the name of the magazine, but it was free at Tower Records. There were always these lists of people's DID's (Desert Island Discs). The premise was to determine what 10 or 15 albums you would want if you were stranded on a island and could only listen to these albums forever. I thought we could try it out, but I'm listing my Top 10 songs. It was actually quite difficult to put the list together, I mean this is it. You are stuck with these songs forever, it's all you get. Here it goes, in no particular order:

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
One - Creed
Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
This Is How A Heart Breaks - Rob Thomas
Into The Mystic - Van Morrison
Alive - Pearl Jam
Love Song - Tesla
Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
Shimmer - Fuel

That's it, I think. I change one, then change it back...again and again. Let's see what you can come up with!

UPDATE: I'm going to have to break the rule and go to 11 (no cracks from the Spinal Tap people, I hate that movie). I've forgotten a song that would be in my top 3, after Bruce and Van Morrison. The song is titled 'I Am' by the band Train. I honestly feel sometimes that the song was written for me. If you want to see the lyrics, click here http://www.lyricstime.com/train-i-am-lyrics.html

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is going to take some thinking....I am up for the challenge. Will be interesting to see everyones choices.

I'll get back with my list!

XOXOX

Denise

Anonymous said...

wow top ten hugh!!! 1. in the air tonight phil collins 2.have i told you lately rod steward 3.do me baby prince 4.easy eagles 5september earth wind and fire.6no one alicia keys 7.im coming home chris daughtry 8.hello lional ritchie 9.man in the mirror michael jackson 10..nasty janet jackson

Anonymous said...

Ok I want to thank you for getting me started on this project, you should see my desk, post-its, scribbles,and scratches! I've been yahooing & googling all day (sorry Deb). Im dying here but this was really a good assignment Coach. All is well at the Zuniga's Casa. Will give you my list ASAP. hmmm gotta have ABBA on it....

Anonymous said...

Ok - I thought I would play....so here goes my list. These are songs that stand the test of time with me. I love a lot of newer stuff, but these are the money songs....

The Rain Song – Led Zeppelin
When I look to the Sky – Train
For The Love of You - The Isley Brothers
Exodus – Bob Marley
Guerilla Radio – Rage Against The Machine
Forever – The Brand New Heavies
Drive – Incubus
Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye
Into the Mystic – Van Morrison


Woo hoo - good times!! Interesting what songs we choose say about us.....things to think about! I told Bill the for not being a religious man, he sure picked a few very spiritual songs. Good list!!!

Let's go people - narrow it down to 10!!
Deb

Anonymous said...

That was tough..but Fun!

Let's Get it On _ Marvin Gaye
One Desire - The Yardies
Shook Me All Night long - AC/DC
Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
Hold on Loosely - 38 Special
Mary Jane - Rick James
Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Can't Stop 'Til I get Enough - Michael Jackson
I Wanna Get Next to You - Rolls Royce

xoxoxo

Denise

Anonymous said...

We're thinking . . . it's nearly midnight now, and we've finished putting together a bench and having a madras, so here's what quickly comes to mind:

Wiggle It (just a little bit Debbie) - artist unknown
When I think of You - Janet Jackson
Dancing Queen - ABBA
Unskinny Bop, Bop, Bop - Poison
Anything by Frank Joseph (of course, No Myth)
You Look Wonderful Tonight

OK, actually these are maybe just some of our best memory songs. What happened to Chris Issak??

Love you guys! Wish you were here. Talk to you soon.

B, C & T

Anonymous said...

ok Billy... here goes...

My Favorites of all time:
Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Campbell
King Tut - Steve Martin
Play that funky music - Wild Cherry
Puffy little shoes - The Presidents of the USA
I got you babe - Sonny and Cher
Rapper's Delight - Sugar Hill Gang
I ran - Flock of Seagulls
Mr. Roboto - Styx


ok, now for the real list. Still pretty lame, but what I can say, I like the oldies:
In my life - The Beatles
Rocky Mountain High - John Denver
Change - Fishbone
Country road - James Taylor
Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton
Your song - Elton John
Is this love - Bob Marley
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Somewhere over the rainbow - Iz

-Brad