Thursday, May 29, 2008

Deb's update v1.2.....

So we met with the surgeon again late last night, and he explained a lot more to us about the entire surgery. Basically, the spinal fluid getting into the tumor cavity isn't as horrible as it sounds. There's no way to know that it's happening as it doesn't show up on a scan or anything like that. In any event, the surgeon "patched"up the space that was leaking this fluid into the brain with bits of nearby brain tissue.......VERY technical eh??

He was honest about "getting as much as he could" with regards to the tumor, but said Bill did very well with the chemo - and wants him to start that up again within the next few weeks. We hope to get him home today, in his cozy black chair in front of his tv which has more than 5 channels. Thanks for the well wishes from everyone (cubs family, work families, friends/family, Bill's hockey team and poker playmates) and I couldn't have done any of this hand holding without Jane/Felicia being here, you'll never know how much I love you both!!!!!

Stay tuned......I'm sure an update from Bill is soon to come!!!

Love and gratitude,

5 comments:

Donna Nocera said...

Hi Bill,
I'm glad to hear that you did well in the surgery. Deb does a GREAT job in keeping us updated and her detailed explainations of what is going on. You have a GREAT wife. Just be sure to get better real soon because I feel like I want to have a panic attack when I think my computer is acting up and your not there to fix it. Only Bill can fix it and fix it right.Even though you don't like my Weather Bug. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. May God ALWAYS bless you and watch over you. I'l be expecting you back to work REAL SOON.
Doona

Anonymous said...

thanks deb, hang in there billy ,lets get over the chemo and go have some beers and forget this thing ever happened what do you say( we need the easy button)we know everything will be alright we all have the wings on... love to all susie

Anonymous said...

Billy,
You looked GREAT yesterday (who'd have known what you just experienced), you were yourself... just bored and wanting to get out of there and back to being the BOM we all Love!! Sounds like they may be breaking you out today ~ yahoo. Next time I see you, you'll be in your cozy chair...
Deb,
You are a gem and inspire me everytime I see you, (both of you do). You two are souls mates in any and every situation no matter what! Smiles to you both!
We love you all and are here for you whatever you need.
See you AT HOME soon.
Love, Tam & Joel xoxo

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear things are ok, sometimes a few words can leave us with so many worries...ugh!

Billy sounds like you are doing great..yea! what a trooper! you will be so much happier at home, hospitals stink.

we love ya!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Just heard from Jane - way fantastic.

Listening to 3 Doors Down right now - love this song. I want to kickbox to it.

Love you all, Maida