I was watching this show tonight that Deb had recorded calls "with Jools Holland" or something like that. It's a music show that has guests on to play a song. About half way through, Van Morrison comes on. He's singing a song I've never heard, but I was immediately taken back to 1992/93. Deb already knows where I'm going with this, so she's probably tearing up like me.
Connor was born in Oct 1992 and we still lived on Mathilda at the apartments that had the sand volleyball court right outside our front door. We had great parties there. Anyway, Connor was a colicky baby. When he would wake at night and wouldn't go back to sleep, I would put on the Moondance CD by Van Morrison. We always played the same song, 'Into the Mystic', and we'd dance around in the living room.
This always seemed to calm him down and get him back to sleep (sometimes it took multiple playing of the song). Ever since then, whenever I hear this song, it takes me back to one of the most wonderful times of my life.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wasn't there and I am tearing up ... but I can picture it in my mind!
Those times are so precious ... look how old our babies are now!
Very sweet story Billy :)
Good night and sweet dreams!
Steph
got me all choked up too! ( connor has great taste in music huh?! )
crazy how fast the kids grow up, but always our babies in our hearts.
gotta go wake up mine for school, should be fun!
love ya!
XOXOXO
oops last message from me billy-
denise :)
Tearing up - yes.
Of course I remember those days.....we played that song into the ground - and you made a pretty deep path in the carpet walking that boy around and around - too funny!! Perhaps if we play that song for our now moody teenager, he'll calm down??
Maybe if we sit him on the dryer, like we did when he cried a lot, that would work. :)
Love ya hun!!!
oh the good old days when our kids did'nt talk back... ya deb I used to but marcus on the dryer to(now i want to put him in it) I remember that volley ball pit, that was so fun... love ya susie
Yes, Billy & Deb... some of those times were the *best* summers ever!! Our "sexy young" guys in their shorts playing volleyball in the sand. Whoo Hoo! Remember Joel was into his Video Camcorder then (it was a "huge" one) and we used to video allot back then. Of course, the one time (video) that sticks out in MY mind was when we decided to re-create the the scene from Risky Business (song: Old Time Rock & Roll). That was FUN! Billy was the director, George was the videographer and of course the star (Tom Cruise) was played by JOEL -haha. I remember he used one of your "candlesticks" as the microphone and Deb did not like that, afterall it was a wedding gift!? Those were the *best of times* with all the Cousins!! Lots of good summertime memories & BBQ parties. Cuzin Jim was good on the video also, interviewing everyone, remember?! GOOD TIMES!
Love you guys.
Talk to soon, Tam xoxo
Post a Comment