Not quite as exciting as Hawaiian Shirt Day, but you make do with what you have. It's been a while since I've updated and there's really not that much that you've missed.
Now that the boys are both back in school, we haven't been doing much. Get up, go to work/school, come home. And in the last week, we come home and bake!
George was on a 49ers scavenger hunt last weekend and needed a bill with 49,49 somewhere in the serial number. I had one, so we traded 20's. It was the last of 5 items he needed to enter a contest for season tickets. Last night was the drawing and unfortunately, he didn't win. I was surprised, this is the kind of stuff the George usually wins.
Deb is excited about football season. We'll be lounging around drinking coffee and watching the games. In a few weeks, we should be getting ready for preseason hockey! Let's hope that all these moves the Sharks made will get them over the hump.
There's a co-worker of mine who works in another state who tells me 'you haven't updated'. I always tell her, 'I didn't know you read it, you never comment.' She says she's embarrassed, but I like to give her a hard time. I told her I was going to mention her this time and she wanted me to be nice. I'll be nice and won't mention her name, but if you need any financial accounting help, she's the one to go to!
PS - If you are wondering, Hawaiian Shirt Day is not a random statement. For those of you who know it, I hope you got a chuckle!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi Bill,
I was thinking the same thing, that George usually wins these random contests. He was one of only 19 so I thought maybe, but Nope! Instead we had a few drinks and appetizers, got our picture with Jerry Rice and George got 2 tickets to a Sept. game. Not bad for not doing much to get there. Thanks again for the $20!
And talk about baking....I know what you mean I feel like I'm in a Sauna at our house:)
Love ya,
Barb
Ha, ha, ha. I originally thought that Billy and Deb were actually baking - cookies, cakes, etc. Wasn't sure what for, but that's how I read it. Now, after reading Barb's comment, I realize that it's because it's been so hot there. Hopefully it cools down soon. We've enjoyed a week of nice fall weather here - a little chilly on the morning bus walk but nice by midday. I just booked my tickets for Girls Weekend so I'll be seeing you all about October 21st! Yippee! I assume chemo was uneventful since there was no mention of it other than in the title. Love you all.
hi there-
sounds like we all have been hating the heat! I even have been using the air conditioner, and I hate air conditioners they make me feel sick for some reason..rather have the fresh air
I never worked anywhere with Hawaiian shirt friday, but see a lot of customers come in with them, is that a big thing in big wig companies? I just look forward to pay day fridays!
Lounging around with football and coffee sounds great, hope you guys enjoy it.
xoxoxo
Denise
Hello,
I guess I have to start writing comments since I have a reputation of not posting! Hope you had a great weekend and will be able to put up with all my IT questions this week.
Andrea
Hey Bill and Deb,
Nice to hear things are pretty normal and everyone is doing good.
Well done on getting Andrea out of hiding! ha! I knew it was her. I sure miss all you guys. Now we just got to get Chela to be brave and post!
Too bad the Niners lost Sunday. Billy is playing JV Football and is the starting QB. They won their first game on Friday against Overfelt. Yay~! I really enjoy watching them play and cheering those exciting plays.
Keep posting ~ we are all still here reading. :)
Darlene
hi all, we love the heat come on.... we dont want it cold, hate the cold or i would live in colarado hee hee, marcus played his first football game against the big boys of palma school i was hopeing it was the varsity team no such luck we lost but marcus hung with the big guys, miss you all, still hopeing for a birks apperance....love to all susie
Hi Bill,
I'm glad Andrea posted a comment. I was curious as to who it was in accouting that said that. I do read this from time to time but I also don't comment (obviously).
Hope all is well. I haven't had to bother you in a while, however I may need to soon. VERY SLOW COMPUTER!! Talk to you soon ~
Lori
Hey Guys,
Ha-ha, I thought the same thing about *the baking*, Cher... anyways, hope it's not so *hot* this weekend. Maybe see you all at the S.C. Art & Wine, if going? No chemo today right, Billy! Well, just stopping in to say HELLO and have a great *relaxing* weekend! I've been busy at work and will be all Sept, Qtr-end. Talk soon, love you all and glad to hear things are the norm and going good...
Talk soon, Love Tam xoxo
Post a Comment