After a month of practices, it was finally time to play for real. Opening Day at Sunnyvale National! The rain last night wasn't enough to keep us off the field today. We had our opening ceremony, followed by team introductions, special announcements, pictures and finally a game.
There is a player on our team, Matt, who has been growing his hair for what seems like forever. We tease him and call him Mathilda because his long, blonde hair is like a girls. So during the opening ceremonies, Bill (Matt's dad, our VP) calls Matt up to say a few words. He tells the crowd that he's been growing his hair to donate it to a group who makes wigs for cancer patients. He's doing this for me and I need to cut his pony tail off, in front of the whole league! It was a special moment for all of us, and the league presented me with a $250 donation to our fund for the walk in May.
We finally started playing our game, defeating the Giants 5-0. Logan pitched 3 innings, striking out 4 and going 1 for 2 with 2 runs and sb. He was also the winner pitcher. It was great to get the first game played and start out the season on a high note.
5 comments:
This is one of the things I miss the most about living in Colorado - not being able to watch my boys play baseball!
What a special thing for Matt to do - I remember his lovely hair. (How his mom, Lisa, used to complain. Now she should be very proud of him). Thank you Matt and all the wonderful people of SNLL for all your love and support to the Nowlin Family.
Go Cubbies!!!
Love,
Mom/Grandma/Jane
That's pretty awesome Billy! You (and your entire family) have certainly left quite an impression on a lot of people ... sniff ... sniff ... smile!
Even though I enjoyed the baseball break - I have to admit that life seems more "normal" now that baseball has started up again!
Logan, you look great out there!
Hope to see you all soon!
Steph
That is really cool! That must have been a special moment for you. Great job logan!
xoxo
Denise
It makes you proud, to have people pull together when people are down, you deserve every bit... keep makeing us proud billy, great job logan.love to all maldo's
Hi Billy,
I bet it was a very special sentimental moment. It's WONDERFUL, you have so many true friends and family! I wish I could have been there, Deb send pics later! I'll have to get out to see the Cubbies play sometime soon, too.
Love you all, talk later, Tam
Post a Comment