Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update 4/8/09.......

I'll be short this time....At this point, Bill is sleeping most of the day. Every now and then he'll sit up and open his eyes nice and big. He's not in any pain what so ever, but should that ever come, Jane and I have medicine for him. Jane is staying with us, and this has been a huge help, as I now know I couldn't manage his 200 lbs. frame all alone.

Logan is staying home from school most days....he can go to school and catch up later, right now, he wants to be here at home with us. Connor is doing well, he's matured amazingly so over the last month, he's taking care of his business (school) and just began roller hockey through school. He'll also be managing our position with the Sharks playoff tickets which is coming up soon. Bill would be saying "Go Sharks!!!!"

We've got baseball and hockey on the boob tube in our bedroom on all of the time, hopefully the background noise reaches Billy.

One of Bill's friends from the past sent me an email recently (Steve B.), said he had downloaded Bill's Top 11 Songs list, from a blog posting back in August, burned them to a cd and had been playing those songs lately. I thought that was such a great idea, that I did the same and I've played that for Bill in our room. Thanks Steve!

Thanks very much to everyone who continues to check in on us. When I see a comment, and a name we hadn't seen in a while, I feel very grateful. Thanks to the "normals" also, who post all the time.

I'm sad, mad and scared....just wishing for strength to help my men.

Love and gratitude,

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I am able to be here with Billy, Deb and the boys. As Deb said, Billy is in no pain and we will never let that happen.
As sad as this is, Billy still gives Deb and I a good laugh every now and then by something he will say, do or just an expression. He is still very strong physically and he lets us know it. If it's not on his timeframe, forget it - he has spit his pills out a few times but then takes them willingly 5-10 minutes later - when HE is ready. Still the BOM!! (for those who don't know this - it's the Boss of Me, a joke between Bill, Deb, Cheri and his cousins).
Please will Debbie the strength she needs - she is a wonderful, loving wife and caregiver. Billy could not be in better hands.
Send her your hugs and I will make sure to give them to her!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I just don't know what to say. My heart breaks for you all. I pray that God gives you all the strength you need at this time. I miss Bill very much for he's the one who always fixed my computer here at work. I always depended on him. May God Bless you all. My thoughts, heart and prayers are with you.

Kirsten said...

Still checking on you... and sending strength, prayers and hugs to the whole family. Wish there was more we could do. We're always here if you need anything.

Mike & Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever really been the boss of Bill? I think not, except maybe you Jane, but that was back when Bill and I were still wearing underoos and running around your house while you played cards with the neighbors... I remember those days vividly. Sleepovers at your house were the best!
This blog is imprinted on my monitor... it gets checked THAT often. I don't write because I don't have words. Selfish maybe, sorry for that. I know many other "old-school" friends of Bill do the same... we talk and everyone say's the same thing, "I just read the blog, what else do you know?"
I know this. I love you all and think about you constantly.

Brad

Anonymous said...

I pray that God keep giving you , the boy, and Billy's family, the strength to get through this. Like the rest of us, I wish there was something I could do to make this go away and make it all better. It hurts my heart for you and the boys to be going through this. You know your family up north will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Debbie YOU are a phenomenal woman!!! Sending you all my prayers & hugs! Much love!

Your Cousin Christina

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, but know that we are praying for Billy. You and the boys are always in our prayers. May God give you the strength you need. Hugs and kisses always!

Cousins from INDIANA

Unknown said...

As I told Billy, I don't blog but that doesn't mean I don't think about him, you, and your boys everyday. I look here every morning waiting and praying for a miracle. Lately I've been thinking about how long I've known Billy and the phases of life I've seen him go through. pesky little kid, teenager, peer, loving and caring father and husband. I'm lucky to have had the experience of knowing him on so many different levels. It's hard for me to accept that he is going through this but he is lucky to have such a strong partner to help him through it. My prayers are with you every night.
John S.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and Hugs and Hugs

Aunt Margie

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your love for billy deb, me and ralph have so many great memories with him, it keeps us smiling thinking how much he lived his life, it's not how you die but how you lived and he is an example for everyone, let us know if you want any old music or old baseball vidios for him to listen too and please give him the biggest kiss from us and tell him to keep fighting we aren't ready to give up yet!!! love to all

jenasie said...

Deb im sorry your going through such a trying time but it sounds like your just as strong as your mom. Im sure billy appreciates what a wonderful wife you are being. I miss you all and think about you often. with love, jenasie

CVG said...

I always wondered what BOM meant...I thought it must have started with Bill....oh well.
Bill is a great man and a very treasured friend. we sure had a great time at my wedding, great memories!
I'm fighting back the tears as I type this.
Nina and I are right down the street if you need anything at anytime.

Much Love,

CVG

Anonymous said...

I love when I read all the blogs left for you and Billy- they come from so many parts of your lives, family, friends from years past and today, work friends..etc

there is one common theme with them, no matter who from...

love, support, prayers and sorrow for the boy a lot of us once knew to the man we all know and love today...Billy, his wife Deb and great kids Connor and Logan

I hope that in some way your writings and the writings we give back offer you some sort strength with all you are going through.

I know that for as much as we all feel and ache, it is many times harder on you...and yet you are the strongest of all.

love you!!!!

XOXOXO
Denise

SteveB said...

Deb,

Thanks for keeping us updated, I know you've got so much on your mind these days and greatly appreciate the updates. I've got you all in my prayers & hope that you all find some comfort in these words from us all. I'm glad you made the CD for him... it is a great disc and I have been listening to it all of the time... I sometimes laugh, sometimes cry... but I think of Bill a lot. I wish you peace and love.

-Steve

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Our thoughts and prayers with you, Bill, and the boys.

Ara C.

Anonymous said...

Hugs love and prayers to a phenominal family. May you find the strength you need in all those that have touched you and Bill in your lives. Blessings to you all.

realtorromero said...

Deb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us all.

MikeG said...

Debbie, your strength through this incredibly difficult journey is amazing and inspiring to me. Thanks for your contstant updates, I can't imagine how difficult it has been with the last few posts. I have been a regular visitor at the site for awhile, praying for some sort of miracle.

I feel truly blessed to have known Billy for sometime, and I have seen his passion for his family through the years. My families prayers are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I get updates from Cheri and Jane, but I wanted you to know that Billy, you and the boys have been in my prayers everyday for many months. One never knows what path God will lead on down in life. Hard as it might be, I believe we are never given a task too difficult to handle. Billy is a strong man and you are an amazing wife and mother. Continue to stay strong and you all will continue to be in my prayers. If you need anything please call on Larry or I. Beth (Mark's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Deb, Bill, and boys ~

I haven't written, but you are always in my thoughts. Between, your blog, my brother, Brad, and Bill's cousin, Barbara, I've been kept current on the happenings at the Nowlan household. Barbara and I always tear up when our eyes meet at Luckys.

Words can't express how deeply we are all feeling for you.

Hugs ~
~ Holly (Gassaway) Lory