I've bugged Bill to create a blog, but for some reason, he just doesn't have it in him! We're doing ok. He's been feeling well, and the only real side effect from the Cyberknife radiation has been some mild hair loss. He's been going to work and Sharks games and Logan's basketball games, staying busy.
I'm doing ok - tired as usual. My Dad's been under the weather, so I've been trying to keep a close eye on him....stayed the night with him one night. Stressed out over work, and trying to get my blood pressure down, but I've got all the balls in the air!
Thanksgiving was great, spent it with Auntie Carleen and Uncle Mark and the family. The boys really enjoy spending time with the cousins. Logan has been making videos for his youtube account.....such the little rocker. Connor is also playing a lot, but can't really get him to do a performance for us. They are out of their minds, waiting for the big Metallica show on 12/20, they can't wait!!!!
BILL DROVE THE RIG YESTERDAY!!!! How's that for news........We took a trip to the dumps yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, I was telling him that that was where I used to take Connor driving, since it's so wide open and empty....I jokingly said, "you should drive Hun" and he said "OK". Yikes!! He drove us from the dumps home, and he did really well. Of course, he would never drive with his vision so impaired, but it felt safe, and it was fun to see him behind the wheel again. I think he enjoyed it very much.
Bill's also been doing a lot of Christmas shopping over the internet......he knows how much I hate shopping, and he feels he can do a lot himself online, so that's been great.
I'm thinking Tamales are going to happen this year, it's just something that he really likes, so I'll begin the planning soon!!
We'll see the Oncologist on 12/19 for a standard checkup - then the follow up MRI in January for Stanford, to see the Cyberknife radiation results.
I hope that's good for now, I'll get him to update soon. Thanks for continuing to check in on us......when you see no news, that's good news!!
Peace and gratitude,
Deb
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
yea debbie!!!! im getting my fix now, billy updates.. glad to hear things are good, hope he's coming in to birks soon, take some time for yourself debbie, give me a call if you ever just want to go have a drink or something, happy holidays hope to see everyone soon... love to all susie
i guess me and susie are on the same page checking the blog each day...thanks for the update deb. must have been weird to drive after so long! that is cool that he did it. glad you had a nice thanksgiving and that you are all doing well.
thinking of you always
xoxox
denise
I'm right there with you girls, always checking in. I guess from Billy's stand point I can understant too. It's probably hard to post as much as we want you to when your just doing your everyday stuff. Anyways, thanks for the post Deb!
Also thanks for letting Connor spend Thurs and Friday with us. Hope he had as much fun as we had having him with us.
Let's get together again soon, maybe a scategories night?? Connor you in??
Love ya,
Barb
Thanks for the update Deb and Bill. When I read the post, I had to stop and think about the driving bit because mom said the other day that Bill said "I'm going to the store". We had this whole discussion on whether Deb was taking him, he was riding Connor's bike, did Connor get his license and we didn't know, Frank was taking him, etc. We didn't even consider that he would drive himself!! Even Logan driving was a more likely scenario in our mind. Glad you all had good holidays. How was the chipped beef, almonds, doo dads? We only had doo dads but they were yummy - we've got 3 new fans of them this year. Scattergories? I love that game - can I play via webcam?
I know you dont hear from the Zuniga's much but you are in our hearts & prayers always. Happy B-lated turkey day!! Cant believe Christmas is in 3 wks& 2 days and then baseball season, whoo hoo!!
Take care,
Sheila
FINALLY! We have been waiting too!
Glad to hear things are going well. We know that "no news is good news" ... but it's nice to have confirmation every now and then!
I agree Deb! I hate shopping too(used to love it)! I have finished everyone except my nieces. Did a lot of internet shopping too. Now to start wrapping ... oh, and get a tree!
Will have to check out Logan on YouTube. Get on there Connor!
Hugs to everyone!
Steph
Deb, if you need help with the tamales, I can come over and help you. Maybe we can get Barb & Tami to help too. They were so delious last year, Uncle Mark & I really enjoyed them.
Love, Auntie
No news may be good news... but the occasional post helps those of us watchin from the wings. (Kwings!)
And good to know I should be keeping my eye out while driving... and which eye exactly should I be using?
Happy holidays to you all!
- Eric
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the post Deb. Glad you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I missed you all and Auntie Jane I missed your *delicious yams* ...no one made them in Chicago?! Anyways, I would say just slow down and relax a bit Debbie, w/taking care of your Dad and all, but this is the busiest time of year, so be it. We'll see you on Xmas Eve for sure, but if you want help or want to teach us how to make your delicious tamales, I'd be available, too. Ok, I'll chat with you soon. Happy Christmas/Holiday shopping to all.
Talk later, Love Tam, xoxo
Hi Deb, Bill and Boys,
So glad to hear about the Nowlin family. Have missed the blog, but understand your saying no news is good news. Sorry to hear about your Dad and hope things are doing a little better for him now. You all sound busy with everyday going things, PLUS................
We are doing ok at this end of the country. Normal virus bugs now and then but everyone fine for now.
Debbie you are an inspiration to all of us and any little problems we have seem little to yours.
Take care, I love you all and God Bless. Auntie Barbara
Post a Comment