Monday, October 20, 2008

Cyber Cyber........

Deb here..........

So, we're set for the next procedure. Tomorrow we'll spend the day at Stanford where Bill will be getting a CT Scan, MRI and Radiation Mask fitting. Cyberknife will take place in maybe 1 or 2 days, beginning this Thursday. The results of the CT Scan and MRI will be reviewed both by the Radiation Neurosurgeon and the Radiation Oncologist. They will together decide the plan of action based on their review of the scans - either treating him with the radiation in all 1 shot in 1 day or over the course of 2 days. Right now Bill is scheduled for Thursday at 10:30am and then Friday at 9:00 - they say to plan for anywhere between 15 min. to 2 hrs. :)

Jane/Cheri and the kids will arrive tomorrow, it'll be great having them in town!!! Juan arrives on Friday - whoot whoot!!!

They say recovery time is practically not needed, they expect Bill to go home and resume his normal activities, but we'll see how Thursday goes. He'll be home from work Thursday and Friday. I'm sure we'll all be keeping a close eye on him.

We'll update soon!!

love and gratitude,

Deb

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week! I heard that cyberknife is a lot different than surgery as far a s recovery goes! I am sure Billy will do great!

we are thinking of you!

XOXOXOX

Denise

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Deb!
I will be thinking of you Billy during this treatment with positive thoughts... and I'm sure you will do great! Barb & I are talking to Cher right now :-) and looking forward to everyone's visit.
Love you all.
Talk soon, Tam xoxo

Anonymous said...

thanks deb, been thinking of you guys everyday, keep family and friends around for all the support you need, we are here for anything so please let us know.... love to all susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,

If you want to see the procedure Billy will be having, google: History of Stanford Cyberknife. There is a link at the bottom of the page if you want to watch a short video. Dr Chang is even Bill's physician. We are very lucky that Stanford is so close.

Jane

Barb said...

Hey Guys,

I haven't been on in awhile but you are in my thoughts everyday! Big hugs for you on thursday.
Thanks A.J. for the tear jerker about Connor, remember what a little butterball he was...so cute!


Love ya,
Barb