Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baseball Saturday

Today was a long, somewhat gratifying day for baseball. It was great that I saw 3 baseball games today. Unfortunately, the boys teams lost. We started out at Washington Park in Sunnyvale, arriving at 8:45a for Logan's 9:30a game. Since the Cubs have already clinched first place, we changed things up a bit to get some kids more playing time. Even though the kids had fun, we managed to only get 1 hit and 1 walk, losing our 4th game of the season. Logan had the walk in his only at-bat.



After a quick trip home to change, it was back to Washington Park in Sunnyvale to watch Coach Steve's son Donovan play his game and talk post season plans. Donovan's team won as he tagged a runner out at third to end the game. Steve and I made little progress and are still looking for the right answers to our dilemma.

Another trip to the house, this time for a few hours. Connor's game was starting at 5:00p at Washington Park in Santa Clara. Connor's been playing well so I was surprised that he wasn't in the game when Steve and I arrived. It was a good day to serve some bench time as they ended up losing 10-0. Connor play 2 innings in LF and hit a nice ball up the middle that the shortstop snagged behind second base and threw him out. Deb had enough sun for the day, so she and Logan decided to take in the Zohan movie for some laughs and relaxation.

The Connor game crew of Auntie Carleen, Uncle Mark, Max, Steve, Mom and I went out for pizza after the game at Round Table. A couple salads, pieces of pizzas and a few beers later, it was time to wrap up the day. Almost a full 12 hours of baseball today. It's been a while since we've done that and it felt really good!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, sounds like another day at the maldo house hold if you ask me, we cant get enough of baseball we were supossed to play freds team friday night, but they did'nt have enough players, so we went to the san jose giants game lots of fun there and we thought of you billy when we parked behind the ice rink... im sure you'll be skateing again soon, well ta ta for now, kiss the family peases out!!!! susie

Barb said...

Baseball, baseball, Ricky had his closing ceremonies and end of the year party today. We are still trying to get to one of Connor's games which now that Ricky is done maybe we can make one.
Long day for you guys, will we see you at the art and wine in Sunnyvale tomorrow??? Fred said Firehouse at 11:30
Love ya,
Barb

Love ya,
Barb

Anonymous said...

baseball keeps you busy, then when the season is over all of a sudden your like yikes what do we do now! wish it was year round!

enjoy the art and wine festival, should be a nice day for it!

denise

xoxox

Unknown said...

Hey Billy
I'm commenting on a previous posting.
I wanted you to know I check your blog daily and always ask my Mom whats new and what she has heard. Sorry I couldn't put this on the appropriate posting, but I was in Arizona with no computer. You are on my mind a lot. I find myself thinking of you and enjoying thinking about the many visits I had to CA to spend time with all my cousins. I just want you to know I am among the MANY who enjoy the ramblings of Bill. ( or Billy as I like to call you ) Give Deb and the boys a hug for us. Hope to get out there sometime soon. Hayden would love to join the kids in a game of baseball. She just finished her season. Love You and as always wish I was close enough to give you a hug. Amy

Anonymous said...

Since we are talking baseball ... Matthew's season ended in tears today. We were up 8-4 bottom of the 5th to Redwood City Nationals ... pitching change and we lost 9-10. We were in single elimination playoffs ... so that was it for us. Half the boys were in tears, some were really mad and we always have 2 boys that have the same attitude win or lose. They just want to know where the cupcakes are! Like you guys said, what will we do with all this extra time (yeah right)! Ashley is playing softball, but it's just not the same!!!!
Billy, you amaze me ... already attending marathon baseball games. I thought you had brain surgery 2 weeks ago!!!! :)
Lots of love and hugs to you, Deb, the boys and Auntie Jane!
Steph